Terms and Conditions (aka the boring but necessary bits)
Please grab a cup of tea and read, by booking with us, it will be considered you are fully conversant with and have agreed to all the below Terms and Conditions.
Booking / Payment Method
Reservations can be made via phone, email, or letter. A deposit of 15% will be taken via the Pitch Up website or directly with Lee Wick Farm to confirm the booking which is non refundable. The remaining balance is due 4 weeks in advance of your arrival date, it is your responsibility to pay this on time using the secure pay by link emailed to you. If booking by voucher, either please email email@example.com to book and confirm the number of the voucher and value in the email, or book online via the website adding the voucher number when requested. We reserve the right to cancel the booking if payment is not received on time.
All bookings that fall within 4 weeks of arrival date are payable in full at the time of booking.
A pre-authorisation of £50 is held against your payment card one day before arrival for the duration of your stay in case of any breakages, damages, noise complaints or if excessive cleaning is required after your stay. If any breakages or damage has occurred during your stay, please kindly inform us as soon as possible, you may be charged for damages or additional cleaning that may be required. If we receive noise complaints you may lose some or all, of the pre-authorised amount. The pre-authorisation is released 3 days after your departure.
If you need to cancel your holiday, we regret any deposit or rental monies received are non-returnable and having paid the deposit you are liable for payment of the balance of the holiday cost. However if we are able to re-let the property for the booking period cancelled we will refund the balance of your booking, but not the 15% deposit received. You are strongly advised to purchase holiday insurance to avoid any loss in the unlikely event of you having to cancel.
If for any reason beyond the proprietor’s control, such as (but not limited to) fire, flood, power failure, your booking has to be cancelled, all monies paid will be returned to you, (this does not include any deposit paid to a booking agent such as Pitch up.com) or you may book an alternative date. If for any reason you need to alter your booking dates, every effort will made to accommodate this.
If you have an issue on arrival text or call 07718 403348 and we will try and remedy the situation or answer your question as soon as possible.
We hope you enjoy staying with us but if you have a complaint about the property, in the first instance as soon as possible, please contact via phone (01255 823281 office hours or 07718 403348) and leave a message or text, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We shall endeavour to make every effort to rectify any faults or make repairs to equipment as soon as possible. Guests have a legal obligation to mitigate their loss. If we are denied the opportunity of investigating any complaint within a reasonable time or denied the opportunity to put matters right during the holiday, then the guest will waive all rights. We will do our utmost to ensure any problems are resolved quickly. However we cannot be held responsible for any such breakdowns or loss.
Arrival and Departure
Arrival to the MegaPods is from 2pm onwards and departure is by 12pm Midday. We reserve the right to charge for late departure. Earlier arrival and later departure may be possible but only by prior arrangement, not after arrival.
Access codes for the MegaPods will be provided prior to arrival, if you have not received this information before setting off for your holiday, please contact us by phone or email, as there maybe no one on site when you arrive.
We do not accept liability for injury or loss of life to any person within the premises. Neither do we accept liability for loss or damage to any property or vehicle brought onto the premises. We recommend that the customer takes out his own private insurance as required.
The MegaPods and the CargoPods sleep a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children.
We will not accommodate anyone under the age of 25 without a parent / guardian. Proof of age may be requested.
Hot Tub Terms and Conditions and Health and Safety:
We provide sufficient logs for the use of the hot tub only at the CargoPod (not the fire pit) for the duration of your stay. If you run out then it is your responsibility to purchase more logs. You may be able to purchase logs from the Nisa store on Point Clear Road (left out of Lee Wick Lane).
Instructions for lighting the hot tub are provided and it is your responsibility to do this. We do not light the hot tub for you and no refunds will be given if you have issues lighting the hot tub.
No refunds will be provided in the case of inclement weather or other factors beyond the owner’s control.
We want you to relax and enjoy the wood fired hot tub at Lee Wick Farm so please read the Terms and Conditions below. We don’t want to scare you from using the hot tub, but we take health and safety very importantly and awareness of the key points below is very important. We think the main thing for hot tub safety and enjoyment is to use common sense.
- This is for the sole use of occupants of the CargoPod, for up 2 adults and 2 children. The use of the hot tub is strictly at the risk of the booking party.
- Parents must supervise children in and around the hot tub at all times.
- Children under 5 are prohibited from using the tub as high temperatures can affect little ones much quicker than adults.
- An adult must accompany older children at all times and enforce the rules of safety.
- For children under 16 the temperature should be a maximum of 36 degrees C and they shouldn’t stay in the tub for longer than 10 minutes at a time.
- Maximum temperature for adults without a health condition or pregnant should be 40 degrees C, but we think 39 degrees C is perfect!
- Never use the hot tub alone.
- Anyone with existing medical conditions should check safety with a doctor before using the hot tub.
- Pregnant women should check with a doctor before using the hot tub and the temperature kept cooler (36 degrees C) and time in the hot tub shorter.
- If anyone begins to feel unwell be sure to leave the hot tub immediately.
- People with skin, ear, genital, or other body infections, open sores or wounds should not use the hot tub due to the possibility of spreading infection or irritating the existing condition.
- Do not immerse your head in the hot tub water.
- Never use the hot tub while using or after using narcotics or other drugs that may cause sleepiness or raise / lower the blood pressure.
- A relaxing glass of wine is fine but do not drink to intoxication.
- The heat of the hot tub can speed up the effects of alcohol.
- We recommend drinking plenty of water whilst using the hot tub.
- Never use glass receptacles in or around the hot tub, please use plastic glasses only. Broken glass is difficult to see in the hot tub water and broken glass and bare feet don’t mix!
- Do not use electrical appliances in or by the hot tub.
- Avoid using the hot tub immediately after a heavy meal.
- Please shower before use and remove fake tan.
- Take care when entering or leaving the hot tub as leg muscles may be relaxed and feel unsteady and the decking can be slippery when wet.
- We reserve the right to close the hot tub if conditions turn icy during winter, or if for maintenance reasons the hot tub cannot be used, guests will be offered a refund or alternative booking.
- If any fault or damage occurs with the hot tub at the earliest convenience contact us on 07718 403348 and leave a message or text.
- Please make sure the cover is left on and secured after use, if you fail to do so and the hot tub is damaged the cost of repairs will be passed on to you.
Smoking is not permitted inside any of our MegaPods or CargoPods, but please make use of our wall-mounted ash-trays outside.
One or two well-behaved dogs are permitted in the Pods but not on the furniture please. Please bring your own dog beds to discourage dogs off the furniture and do not leave dogs unattended in the pods. You are responsible for removing any mess left by your animal by bagging it and putting it in the bins provided. Your dog must be kept on a lead and under control at all times and not become a nuisance to others. Please bring your own dogs bed and towels. You must agree to settle any costs for dog foul, or chewed or damaged furniture.
If any extra cleaning is required, after your stay, other than our normal scheduled clean, this will be chargeable and taken from your pre – authorised sum.
We cannot accept in accordance with the Dangerous Dog Act 1991, any dog known as a Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa, Argentino, Fila Braziliero, or any dog used for fighting, or has the appearance of a dog used for fighting or has to legally wear a muzzle.
We hope you enjoy staying at our accommodation and ask our customers to leave the Pods in a clean tidy condition and locked securely when you go out. Please leave the key in the secure key box where you found it when you leave.
We ask all our guests to please remember there are other guests staying in adjacent properties and residential houses nearby, therefore to be mindful of noise especially in to the evening, no loud noise or music outside after 11pm. Guests will be asked to leave if this request is not adhered to, or complaints are received. Please note none of the neighbouring properties are associated with the business so please call the mobile number (07718 403348) in the first instance if you have a question or problem.
Any damage to items, furniture and fixtures will be charged for.
Fishing passes are subject to a £10 fee, please make sure you bring the fishing pass to the reservoir as you will be asked to show it.
In Case of Fire
On discovering a fire anywhere on the site, (if safe to do so please extinguish with fire extinguishers provided). Evacuate immediately and alert any other guests nearby if safe to do so. If necessary, shout ‘Fire, Fire Fire’. Please call 999 immediately and report the location as Lee Wick Farm, Lee Wick Lane, (off Point Clear Road) St Osyth CO16 8ES. Thereafter please call the owner Robert Clarke 07718 403348
Due to the adjacency of horses to the MegaPods the use of fireworks anywhere on the site is not permitted.
When horses are using the ménage, we would be very grateful if children and pets were kept at a distance, due to sudden movement or noise spooking the horses. Please do not venture in to the stable area without permission and please do not enter the paddocks with horses in.
Return of Personal Belongings
For left belongings you are required to pay the cost of returning any items to you. You may of course arrange to collect any items from us at your earliest convenience.
Breach of these terms and conditions:
If you, any other person in your party or people visiting you during your stay commit a serious breach of these Terms and Conditions, the owners of Lee Wick Farm Cottages & Glamping have the right to terminate your booking and may require you to vacate the property immediately and no refund of the fees you have paid will be returnable to you.
Data Protection Act (1998)
All personal information supplied to us by you will be treated in confidence by Lee Wick Farm Cottages and Glamping and will not be disclosed to any third parties except where your consent has been received or where required by law. In order to provide you with a service, this information will be held in the data systems of Lee Wick Farm Cottages and Glamping. Only persons permitted to access your information are those employed or authorised by us. We would also like to keep you informed of services and special offers. If you would prefer not to receive this information please let us know.
Enjoy your stay!